Recently, with Windows Updates, restrictions on installing software have emerged.
To remedy this problem when wanting to install AudioScribe software, we recommend the following changes:
- Click on the white Windows Start button.
- Click on the Gear for Settings.
- Click on APPS.
- At Installing apps, click on the dropdown and select Warn me before installing apps from outside the Store.
- Close out of the Settings Screen.
- Reboot your computer.
Next time you try to install AudioScribe software or any other software not from the Windows store for that matter:
- If you have a later version of Windows, you may receive the following message:
- Click on Install Anyway.